My father loved scary movies. Not necessarily the kind that send blood and other bodily organs spewing across the screen, but the suspenseful, nail-biting, sitting-on-the-edge-of-your-seat, holding-your-breath, tingles-running-up-and-down-your-spine kind of scary movie. See, friends, in the world of scary movies, there are slasher ones and suspenseful ones. Like my father, I prefer suspenseful ones. I love plot twists and suspenseful music and people not being who you think they are and huge secrets being revealed at the very last second. It's one of my favorite parts about Halloween. Here are the 5 movies that leave me keeping the light on at night...
Rosemary's Baby: You can't help but feel sorry for Rosemary and her husband as the young couple's excitement over the impending birth of their first child/evil spawn draws closer. And how awesome was Mia Farrow as Rosemary?
The Omen: My mom always warned me about movies like The Omen, mostly telling me to stay far away from them. But I just couldn't listen; apparently I had to see for myself what exactly it was that I was missing. Well, let's just say that I can never look at barking dogs the same way again. The same goes for boys with a little too much mischievousness in their eyes.
Gremlins: Without a doubt, the scariest movie of my childhood. I sometimes even curse my parents for letting me watch it. I feared cute little fur balls were going to morph into evil green little monsters. Just thinking about those little slimy things right now is giving me goosebumps! Eeek!
I Know What You Did Last Summer: Ahhh, the ultimate in suspense greatness from my generation, I fell in love with this movie when I was a wee teenager. It was the sort of movie that would have you changing your theory about what happened every 5 minutes. And by the end, you still hadn't figured it out.
Scream: How awesome is it that a scary movie opens with the question, "What's your favorite scary movie?"? They've made so many sequels, but you can't beat the original. It makes me want to hire a team of security guards to keep an eye on my house.

So, friends, do you have a favorite scary movie? Why do you like it? Do you prefer slasher or suspense movies? Are there any movies that you just can't watch? My sister is terrified of the Chuckie movies for some reason, even though we've never seen them!

P.S. More funny cartoons here!

[Top cartoon by Dave Coverly]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top