Dear Mr. Melissa Blake:
I found this illustration, and naturally, it made me think of you. Is it weird that I've written all these letters to you, and still, I feel like I've only scratched the surface of my life story? I often wonder if all couples feel that way. Life seems to be speeding up every single day (is it like that in the future, wherever we are right now...?), and I got to thinking last night that there just doesn't seem to be enough time anymore. Life just seems to get in the way of, well, life, and it leaves me just wanting to slow down sometimes. It's so easy to get caught up in the rat race, and I'll admit, Sweetpea, that I've found myself getting caught up in the mentality of having to get every single thing checked off on my ever-growing to-do list. I'm hoping they'll have invented something to actually slow down time by the time we meet. What? You're scoffing at me? There is a market for this sort of invention, trust me.

I feel like I have so much more to tell you, and not to get too Back To The Future-y again, but I'm pretty sure that I'll have a hundred - if not a thousand - more stories to share when we actually do meet in person one day. That's why if I could, I'd make like a superhero and freeze time. But I do wonder: If I told you my story - my whole story - would you stay? Or would you run?
Take my grandparents, for example. They were married shortly before my grandfather went off to World War II, after only dating for a few months. He was gone for 2 years, so can you imagine how excited they were to share their life story with each other once he came home? And the best part? They both stayed. Neither of them got scared by the other person's stories. I can only imagine them, in a small apartment in the 1940s, with my aunt (a toddler at the time) in tow, just sitting and listening to each other. After all, they had an entire lifetime to catch up on.
But us, Sweetpea? I never want time to trick us into thinking we don't have time to just be with each other. Let's make the time to share our lives with each other, OK? If my grandparents could wait for each other, you can bet I'll be waiting for you. Until we meet... xoxo

{Photos via Love-stricken Thoughts and Le Love]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top