I woke up Saturday morning to the smell of freshly baked cookies wafting through the house. I knew that could only mean one thing: My mother was up to her old baking ways once again. Turns out I was right. I found her in the kitchen whipping up a batch of almond cookies. These cookies are a family favorite of mine, having been passed down from my grandmother. Nowadays, it's rare to open up our freezer and not see at least one batch in there. And of course, these orange-frosted ones that she made yesterday were beyond delicious! Aren't they perfect for Halloween? Here's the recipe, in case you'd like to make them yourself (Let me know if you make them!)...

INGREDIENTS
2/3 cup sugar
4 teaspoons almond flavoring
1 cup margarine
Exactly 1/3 cup eggs
1 teaspoon salt

Mix ingredients, add 3 cups flour, refrigerate for cut-out cookies or roll into ball and flatten with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees until barely brown. Frost with confectioner sugar frosting, but use almond instead of vanilla.


I'd love to hear, friends: Do you bake Halloween cookies? What are your favorite Halloween treats? What cookie recipes have been passed down in your family? xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top