After my sister's birthday a few weeks ago, I got to thinking: I rarely call her by her name (which is Janelle, by the way...). For as long as I can remember, we've called each other sister. It just felt so much more comfortable, and eventually, that moniker morphed into sister friend, which ultimately morphed into my personal favorite sister bear. I'm guessing the last nickname comes from our love of The Berenstain Bear books.

There's something so sweet about nicknames, isn't there? It's almost as if it's a secret just between the two of you -- something only the two of you share. And honestly, it feels weird now when we call each other by by our first name; I almost have to do a double-take. Is that weird?

So, friends, I'd love to know: Do you call your siblings by their names? Or do you have nicknames for each other? Have they changed since childhood? Do you like these nicknames?

P.S. Look out! A new Love Lounge is coming your way shortly!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top