Let's talk about hair today! Have you seen the Dear Hair trending topic on Twitter? It got me thinking: My sister and I have this running joke between the two of us: Every time I mention my hair color, a look of frustrated contempt crosses her face. She'll then launch into this speech about how my hair is not red. Bozo's hair, she asserts, is red. Mine, on the other hand, is autumnal or copper. But most definitely not red.

She sort of has a point. If the sun catches my hair just right, I'm pretty sure that I could blend right in with the fall leaves and no one would even notice me. Actually, that's exactly what I wanted when I was a kid...to go unnoticed. I know, friends, it seems immpossoble now, but there was a time I absolutely hated having such a wild and loud hair color. When I was younger, I'd stare in envy at all the little blonde-headed and brown-headed girls -- heck, and little boys, for that matter -- and become so jealous of their hair. It made them like everyone else. It made them fit in.

But my hair? It made me stand out like a hot tamale. Now, as I get older, I'm loving my hair more and more every year. I'm loving that it makes me stand out from the rest of the crowd. Maybe that's why I've got a girl crush on these two cute redheads this afternoon. They've perfected that breezy and carefree look, don't you think? And, their hair is so gorgeous!!

So, Dear Red Hair: THANK YOU! Thank you for making me want to not blend in...

My friends, what's your (natural!) hair color? Do you like it? Any memorable hair moments or hair tips you'd like to share? What would you tell your hair if you could? Let's chat... xoxo

P.S. Another one of my favorite redheads!

[Via The Sartorialist and Refinery29]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top