My friends, there are so many amazing blogs out there in the blogosphere, aren't there? Every blog tells a story, so I thought it would be fun to take a peek at the people behind-the-scenes with a new feature: Behind The Blog. I'd love to feature your story, so feel free to email me at mellow1422 (at) aol (dot) com. First up: Aarean's story...
Hi, there. My name is Aarean (pronounced air-ee-un), and I am the editor/designer of a new blog called Color Issue: A blog completely inspired by color!

Most of my favorite things are based around color...sunsets, a fantastic outfit, fruit; it all comes down first and foremost to COLOR. I remember back when I was in first grade; it was the first day, and the teacher asked the class to share their name, favorite food and favorite color. So it was my turn and I announced, "I'm Aarean. Favorite food pizza (like every first grader!) and my favorite color is either coral or a shade lighter than magenta". My teacher giggled. I told my mom about that, and surprisingly, she giggled too! Her reply? "That's great honey, but why didn't you just say orange or purple? That is pretty much the same color as what you said?"

I remember thinking to myself that my mom was crazy...purple is not the same as a shade lighter than magenta, and orange is most definitely not the same as coral! I laugh when I look back at this memory because I realize my passion for color started so young.
Almost 10 years ago when I went off to college, I knew I wanted to major in something that dealt with color. I ended up graduating in creative advertising and minoring in graphic design. As of last year, my designs are being sold throughout every Deseret Bookstore which is so exciting! As a freelancer, my style is based on color and detail, but still remaining simple and clean. I took this style of mine and incorporated it into The Color Issue Blog. It has been a long time in the making, and it has finally come to pass!

Color Issue is a blog to inspire people through color. It is an online journal of sorts consisting of things that I love and that I wish to share with others! From nature to food to fashion to art and photography...color is everywhere. It is one of the key components to making this life so beautiful! It is truly a passion of mine, always has been and always will be. So, I figured I'd share that love--everyone needs a little extra color in their life!

"Colour is a basic human need...like fire and water, a raw material, indispensable to life." --Fernand Leger

[Graphic and photo by Aarean]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top