I'm excited to be starting these weekly questions, friends! As always, feel free to send me your questions (mellow1422 (at) aol) or post them here. The first question comes from Alexa of The Short and the Sweet of It. She asks...

I'm looking for new book to read. What are some of your all-time favorite reads, Melissa?

Great question, Alexa! Here are my 3 favorite books...
Guilty pleasure reads: I've always been a fan of guilty pleasure reads. My mom says I should be ashamed of that. I'm not. At all. I love everything from Nicholas Sparks (A Walk To Remember is my favorite ) to Simon Cowell's book (yes, I did read it...). There's just something incredibly relaxing about getting lost in those characters and their thoughts.
The Glass Menagerie: This Tennessee Williams classic about the relationship between a mother and her two children hit so close to home when I first read it in college. My mom was the mom. My sister was Tom. And I was Laura.
The Diary of a Young Girl: I've read it twice, and it's probably the book I can identify with the most. Here was this incredibly courageous young woman keeping a diary during the scariest time in her life, and yet, she chronicled everything so honestly. Her fears. Her first love. Her dreams. It makes me wonder if Anne would have been a blogger if she lived today...

I'd also love to know, friends: What books are you reading right now? Any good ones on your nightstand? xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top