It's official: The holiday season has begun. My mother broke out her Christmas music over the weekend, and as I was eating lunch in my office today, tiny white, soft-as-silk pieces of snow began falling. The beginning of winter is sort of magical, isn't it? Full of warm nights curled up in front of the fireplace (my cats' favorite hangout), the smell of delicious cookies in the oven (my mom makes a variation of these) and taking walks after huge blizzards and pretending that you're an explorer braving the wilds of Antarctica (remember this blizzard last year?). If thinking about all that doesn't get me in the holiday spirit, how perfect are these new holiday cards from Rifle Paper Co.?
'Tis the season: Doesn't it make you want to burst out in song?
Favorite things: Classic and gives me that cozy holiday feeling.
St. Nick: Reminds me of the magic of childhood holidays.

Aren't they beautiful? Fun story: For years, my mother would slip a letter into each of the cards we'd send to family and friends. She'd write about what we'd been up to that year and how each of us was doing. It was a great way to add a personal touch to the cards. A few years ago, we found a stack of those letters from when I was younger. It was fun to read about our activities from year-to-year.

I'd love to know, friends: Do you send holiday cards? Maybe letters? Or do you have a special tradition in your family? Let's chat! xoxo

P.S. A sweet invitation for a holiday party!

[Top two photos via My Summer Twist; I couldn't resist posting those cozy sweaters!]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top