I was raised on picture books, the kind that were bright and vivid and wild with life and color. I loved feeling the crisp pages and getting lost in the photos. So when I discovered photographer Sharon Montrose's new book Menagerie, my 5-year-old self wanted to jump with joy. The book features what Montrose does best: capture jump-of-the-page photographs of animals, almost giving them a human-like quality. The photos, combined with the sweeping calligraphy by Julianna Swaney, give the book a classic fairytale feel, and features everything from bunnies to deer to flamingos to zebras. Here are the three prints from her shop I find completely aww-inducing...
Duckling: Can you imagine seeing this cutie outside your window?
Baby deer: I once caught a quick glimpse of a deer in the forest. Gorgeous!
Flying flamingo: I dare you to not smile! :)

How lovely is that? You can purchase a signed copy of her book here.

P.S. Remember these?

[First photo by Sharon Montrose, second photo by Julianna Swaney]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top