I've talked about my amazing BFF dream team before. When I was growing up, I had a core group of about 5 friends. Sure, I had other acquaintances, but I found that I could never really quite connect with them. But those 5 close friends? By the time I was in high school, they had become like family. They cheered me up and induced giggle fits as I was recovering from surgery. They knew all my secrets (not that I had very many... ), crushes, hopes and dreams. I'm not sure I could have had the same relationship with a large group of friends.
But what about when you're an adult? I've heard many people say that making friends as an adult is difficult. After all, you don't have that built-in play group at school, and your parents are no longer setting up play dates with the other kids in the neighborhood. And yet, the hurdles and milestones keep popping up along the way: College, marriage, kids, (sometimes) divorce and career.

So, friends, I'd love to know: Which one do you prefer? Would you rather have a pool of acquaintances or a few tight-knit buds you know you can always count on? Let's chat! xoxo

[Photo via We Heart It]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top