I first came across Kate's blog La Petite Choue a few months ago and immediately fell in love with it. Her eye for style, design and all things pretty is just so infectious that it jumps through the computer screen and makes me smile. Plus, she describes herself as a "roller-skater and ice-cream connoisseur." I'm sold! Enjoy the interview, and as always, I'd love to feature you and your wonderful blog, so feel free to email me (mellow1422 [at] aol)...

Quick facts
Name...Kate Sullivan
Birthday...September 26, 1981
Where are you from...I grew up in a small fishing town on the water in Marblehead, MA.
Occupation...I'm a theater director & producer by day, interior design and fashion enthusiast by night!
Blog: La Petite Choue
When did you start your blog...I started my blog in May 2009

What inspired you to start a blog?
I started my blog because I was constantly emailing my friends bands they would like, songs they should listen to, recipes they should try, books they should read, decoration ideas they'd love. I decided to stop sending dozens of emails a day and just put all the cool stuff I was finding on the Internet onto one site and they could check it out when they felt like it!

What do you love the most about blogging? Does anything about it stress you out?
I love blogging because it allows me each day to be creative no matter what else I'm doing. I love sharing thoughtful messages, inspirational ideas and sources of creativity with others. I am so inspired by other blogs, and it feels good to contribute to the blog world! And I don't let it stress me out. My blog is for fun only; it's not a business. If there's a day I don't feel like posting, I don't force it.

If you had to describe your blog in one sentence, what would you say?
La Petite Choue is the creative space of Kate Sullivan; Francophile, roller-skater and ice-cream connoisseur.
What has blogging taught you?
Blogging has taught me a lot of things, things as simple as how to use Photoshop, how to put together a guest post for someone else, how much to post to keep myself fulfilled and happy and how much is too much. I've also met a lot of great people out there in blogland. And ultimately at the end of the day, if I'm ever feeling crappy, I find that reading others blogs or working on my own always makes me feel better.

What advice do you have for new bloggers?
My advice for new bloggers is to keep at it. People get discouraged when you don't have a lot of hits or followers at the beginning. But if you keep writing about what you are passionate about, others will keep reading. It does take time and patience, but hang in there! It gets better.

Where do you see yourself and your blog in 5 years?
I'm not sure where I see the blog in 5 years. It will be interesting to see how my taste has changed, though. I can't wait for that!

What has surprised you the most about blogging?
I think what surprised me most about blogging is how much hard work it is! Sometimes I post something that takes 5 minutes, but usually thoughtful blog posts can range from 45 minutes to a few hours. I've learned some shortcuts in the past few years, but it still can be challenging if my mind is not focused.

Thanks so much for the great peek into your blog, Kate! xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top