Today's story is from Tiffany. Her blog Dancing Branflakes was one of the first blogs I ever read, and her enthusiasm for life (and of course dancing!) shine through in every single post. She's the sort of bloggers you feel like you could have a cup of coffee with, and there would never be a lull in the conversation. I hope you enjoy getting to know her, and as always, I'd love to feature your story, so feel free to email me (mellow1422 [at] aol)...

Quick facts
Name... Dancing Branflake
Birthday... July 17
Where are you from... California
3 words that describe me... Happy, determined, passionate
Occupation... Dancer/Dance Teacher
Blog... Dancing Branflakes
When did you start your blog... I have no idea. I think maybe two years ago? Please add unorganized to my list of three words haha.

What inspired you to start a blog?
I wanted to share my love of dance with others. I thought, "There must be tons of people who love dance and love hearing about dance, right?" So I started blogging about rehearsals and performances. I still do, but I found that just blogging about other things like food and style was a good way to show that although dancers love to dance, we are also passionate about everything else in our lives. It's a nice way to balance out the intensity of the dance world.

What do you love the most about blogging? Does anything about it stress you out?
I love that blogging can transport a person into another place. When people visit my blog, I want it to be a visceral experience where they can feel noticeably happier and inspired. It is a place for daydreamers. The only thing that stresses me out is if I feel like I've offended someone in some way. I want people to come to the blog and enjoy and not feel uncomfortable.

If you had to describe your blog in one sentence, what would you say
If you like dance, food and daydreaming, then you've come to the right place.
What has blogging taught you?
Not to be competitive. I am one of the most competitive people I know, but with the blog, I just learned that you can't be because then that takes the fun out of it. It's actually the one area in my life where I'm not trying to be the best but just trying to be me.

What advice do you have for new bloggers?
Have patience, and be nice.

Where do you see yourself and your blog in 5 years?
I have a lot of things on the horizon: life changes, challenges and new adventures. I plan on taking my blog and my wonderful followers on those new adventures with me.

What has surprised you the most about blogging?
I thrive on comments. I feel like I get to know people who are way more inspired and creative on a topic than I am. I learn more from comments about a post than I do from blogging about it myself. That's why I often leave a blog post with a question; the answers are always surprising!

[Top photo by Susan Yee and bottom by Tom Huynh]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top