That was one of my Tweets last night as I sat captivated in front of my computer screen. One of Glamour magazine's most prestigious honors turned 21, and the Women of the Year awards pay a much-deserved tribute to those movers and shakers, to those rule breakers and new-rule makers, to those dreamers and trail blazers. As I was following the live Tweets, I couldn't help but be inspired these women. They are, after all, helping to shape a new generation of young women who are fearless and confident. I love how these women aren't afraid to be who they are. Some powerful proof...
Arianna Huffington: “If my daughters, and women of all ages, are to take their rightful place in society, they must become fearless,” she likes to say. “If you want to succeed big, there is no substitute for simply sticking your neck out.”
Lea Michele: "Women in powerful positions get labeled with the D word, but you have to use your diva-ness for good as a way to show your strengths."
Gloria Steinem: "One, trust your own voice. Two, do what you love. And three, have a group, maybe five or 12 people, who share your values, who make you feel smart—and get together with them at least once a month."

How can you not celebrate that, friends? It's safe to say I have a pretty big girl crush on all of them. What do you think of the list? Who is your woman of the year? Why?

And remember...go forth and be FEARLESS!!


P.S. Look out! A new Love Lounge and Gorgeous Giveaway is coming up this afternoon! :)

[Quotes by Glamour, photos by PopSugar]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top