Glamour's Women of the Year really got me thinking. We all have a story, don't we, friends? This was one of the first lessons I learned in my journalism classes in college. From the seemingly mundane activities of your retired neighbor to a high-powered, jet-flying executive, it is our stories that make us who we are. It's our joys, our struggles, our laughter and our tears that bring those stories alive.

And in love, of course, you bring your story with you. You learn about the other persons's story and they learn about yours. Maybe it comes from being a writer, but that, more than anything else, excites me about my future relationships.
Sharing the story of what's made us who we are - and not being ashamed of any of it - sounds incredibly freeing, doesn't it, friends? You don't habe to be afraid; this isn't the sort of love test you could fail. There's no right or wrong answer. There's no pressure to be better or smarter or prettier than anyone else. There's absolutely no way you could mess this up, which, as you know, friends, is a very big plus for me.

So what would you include in your story? In looking back on your life, what are you proud of? What impacted you the most? Would you be comfortable sharing this with another person? I'd love to hear, friends! xoxo

[Photos via Audrey Hepburn Complex]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top