Friends, did I ever tell you about the affectionate name my sister and I bestowed upon my right wrist years ago? I know, you're probably thinking something along the lines of, "Who in their right minds names their wrists?"

My sister and me, naturally. Truthfully, the name just sort of fell into place. Besides an inability to swallow food, another side effect of my spine growing up into my brain stem was my right wrist suddenly drooping. So the only logical name? The Swan. If I hold up my wrist, it literally looks like a swan.

And this swan-like hand? It's not perfect. Yes, it has its flaws. Yes, it has its shortcomings. And yes, it would probably pale in comparison when held up to other wrists, but maybe those are all the exact reasons it's become one of my favorite body parts.

Maybe, too, it's why my freckles, oddly shaped nose and surgical scars are also my favorite parts about my body. They're imperfect, but when you think about it, that's what makes them real.
So, friends, what about you? What supposed imperfections are perfect to you? Your feet? Your ears? That beauty mark on your arm? What makes you perfectly imperfect? xoxo

[Photos via We Heart It]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top