Love. It's probably the most powerful four-letter word in the English language -- well, aside from some other choice words, which I won't go into since I'm such a prude, remember? But love...it's talked about. It's sung about. It's felt. It angers us. It makes us smile. It frustrates it. It confuses us. And sometimes, it even makes us just want to throw our hands up in the air and scream, " I give up!" But for some reason, we never give up. On love, I mean. It's the one thing we always keep running back to. Maybe because we know that as miserable as it makes us sometimes, the thought of being completely without love makes us even more miserable. Maybe we know that we wouldn't be the people we are without love in our lives. Maybe because, like oxygen, love is something we need if we're ever going to survive in this crazy, unpredictable world.
With Valentine's Day coming up, I've been thinking even more about love lately -- what it means, why we need it, the different types of love -- and I think I've figured something out: I'll never figure love out. But that's OK because I'm sort of enjoying just seeing where it takes me. But I do know one thing: Love means the world to me.

So, tell me, friends, what does love mean to you? What does it mean to love your mother? Sister? Husband? Best friend? Let's chat about all things lovey-dovey! xoxo

P.S. And speaking of love, I've got lots of Valentine's Day-themed posts planned for next week. I'm so excited to share them with you, friends!! :)

[Top graphic via Someecards, bottom photo via Le Love]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top