When my mom's coworker and her husband found out that they were having a baby, they decided to turn the big gender-reveal moment into a memorable one: They had the doctor write the baby's sex on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope. Then, on Christmas, they invited family over to share in the exciting discovery with them. It was...a boy! Little Cole (isn't that a sweet name?) was born just a few weeks ago, and it got me thinking about how I don't think I'd be able to wait nine months to find out. The suspense would kill me, as if I were an anxious child waiting open that huge present on Christmas morning.

And speaking of boys and girls, would you rather have one more than the other? Growing up, I always wondered if my father was sad that he didn't have any sons to throw the football around with or take on long weekend camping trips. His answer? Never.

So, what's your verdict, friends? Would you rather find out if you were having a boy or a girl? Or would you rather keep it a surprise for the special day? Do you think knowing helps you bond faster with your baby? Have you ever thrown a gender-reveal party? Have you ever been to one?

[Photo by Monika Elena]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top