Today, friends, I'm excited to share the creative work of Kathy. The former graphic designer creates unique handcrafted jewelry for her Etsy shop, Corilu Designs. She loves colour, texture and dimensional shapes, and believes her background influences the design of her pieces. "I love clean lines with that graphic punch," she says. Read on to learn more about Kathy and her shop! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: Corilu Designs
Become a fan on Facebook
Follow on the official blog
So tell me a bit about you and your shop.
I am a wife and mother to two young teenagers and a dog named Remy. I am a trained graphic designer and worked in that field for 10 years. Art and Design are my passion. Corilu Designs is an extension of me and what inspires me. I like to create more sculptural pieces that came together from a pattern in nature or simply just fooling around with stones and metal. I love that I can create a piece that comes from my heart and soul with a story behind it and will be worn and passed down for generations to come!

What inspired you to start the shop?
Corilu Designs came about by chance. I have worked with many mediums over the years and was never really completely fulfilled with any of them. The moment I lit a torch for the first time and melted my first piece of silver, I was hooked! Starting my shop was an easy decision. I knew that I wanted to try something different and start my own business and opening up an online shop seemed to make sense in an age that is so virtual.

What's your best piece of advice for people looking for great online shopping deals?
Most online shops have Facebook fan pages where they announce new item listings, special deals and even giveaways! I use my Corilu Designs Facebook page for just that. I let my customers and fans know of new listings and special deals happening in my shop. I also offer special discount deals to my Facebook fans only! Surf around and find your favorite shops. (This may take a while since there are so many wonderfully talented artists and shops selling fantastic items online) and become a fan of their Facebook page.

In this recession economy, what are some ways people can still look chic for less?
Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize! Just like your home, keep the major pieces simple, classic and timeless. Use your accessories to stay current and fresh. It is
amazing how just the right combination of accessories can drastically change an outfit without drastically changing your wallet!
What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
It's funny -- every time I create a new piece, I think this is my new favorite! I just finished creating my Anemone Ring and it's my new favorite, (until my next piece!). It's my favorite because I had a clear vision of how I wanted it to look and it came out as I had hoped. It also challenged me as a silversmith and my patience!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top