I'm extra excited for today's question, friends! It's a two-parter, so look for Part II next week. In the meantime, feel free to email me (mellow1422 [at] aol) with your questions, friends! Today's question comes to us from an Anonymous poster, who asks...

What are your favorite songs?
“Alone” (Heart)
Key lyrics: You don't know how long I have waited/And I was going to tell you tonight/But the secret is still my own/And my love for you is still unknown/Alone
This pretty much sums up my entire non-relationship existence. And the whole bit about wanting to tell someone – tonight! – how you feel? Well, let’s just say it always felt like the Wilson sisters had stolen my teenage diaries and read all my exhaustive entries about Crush Boy (and we all know how that ended, don’t we?)...

“Catch The Wind” (Donovan)
Key Lyrics: For me to love you now/Would be the sweetest thing/twould make me sing/Ah, but I may as well, try and catch the wind.
Is it really so inconceivable to believe that I (little old me) could find love, be loved and be worthy of love? Sometimes it feels exactly like the wind – some eternal nothingness I’m chasing, always just out of my grasp.

“You Don’t Know Me” (Jann Arden)
Key Lyrics: Afraid and shy I let my chance go by/The chance that you might love me too
Yeah, the title pretty much gives this one away, doesn’t it? Have you ever arrived at that point where you suddenly realize you’ve just blown everything? All because you couldn’t open your mouth? Instead, you just sat there and let something that could potentially be great just pass you by.

“Invisible” (Taylor Swift)
Key Lyrics: And you just see right through me/But if you only knew me/We could be a beautiful, miracle, unbelievable/Instead of just invisible
I’ve always felt like my disability has made me the invisible girl in the room sometimes. And of course, there always happened to be a slew of pretty blondes, brunettes and able-bodied girls surrounding me – girls who didn’t have any scars, who didn’t have any sort of deformities. Or at least ones that weren’t visible anyway.

"When I'm With You" (Sheriff)
Key Lyrics: Baby, oh I get chills when I'm with you/Baby, my world stands still when/I'm with you/When I'm with you
There’s nothing more beautiful than a passionate ‘80s power ballad. I’ve always loved this song (and, of course, singing along to it too)...
What sorts of songs do you ABSOLUTELY LOVE? I’d love to hear about your own story behind the song! xoxo

P.S. Speaking of songs, look for some new lyrics this afternoon! :)

[Photos via We Heart It]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top