I'm down to the last question today, friends! Have a question? I'd love to hear them, so feel free to email me (mellow1422 [at] aol), friends! Today's question comes to us from an Anonymous poster, who asks...

When you are not working, do you do any volunteering? What charitable causes do you support and why?
I love this question! I really love my job, both being the adviser to a college student newspaper and being a blogger. But when I'm not working, I've enjoyed doing some volunteering over the years. For several years, I worked with one of my mom's co-workers to help fifth and six graders produce the school newspaper. It was fun seeing them write their articles and come up with cute ideas, like the history of Halloween or an advice column. A few years later, I began tutoring sixth graders in language arts, which I really enjoyed.

As far as charitable causes go, my family has always supported the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention ever since my father died. They do such good work, and it's something that obviously hits close to home.

What about you, friends? What causes do you support? Any new ones that are amazing? Let's chat! xoxo

P.S. It Gets Better is another great organization that works to stop hate against the LGBT community.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top