Friends, today we get to know Kathy, a self-proclaimed animal lover and Harry Potter enthusiast who will talk your ear off about both subjects. As she says, "I'm a total nerd and proud of it. I love math." Check out her tale, and as always, I'd love to feature you and your blog, so feel free to email me (mellow1422 [at] aol)...

Quick facts
Name...Kathy Schneider
Birthday...February 23
Where are you from...Maryland
3 words that describe you...Nerdy, Excitable, Loyal
Occupation...I'm currently looking for a job.
Blog: That's What She Said
When did you start your blog...May 2011

What inspired you to start a blog?
I initially started a blog as a place for me to share what I was up to and what I was thinking with friends and family that I don't get to see that often. I love writing, so this became a great place for me to express myself.

What do you love the most about blogging? Does anything about it stress you out?
I love having an outlet to express myself and new friends from around the world. Blogging doesn't really stress me out, although sometimes it can be frustrating when I really want to blog about something in my life, but can't because I know that the people I want to complain about might be reading it.

If you had to describe your blog in one sentence, what would you say
Kathy talks about reading, writing, Harry Potter, animals, her family and life in general.

What has blogging taught you?
I have met so many wonderful people through blogging that like me for who I am, so I've learned that I don't have to put up with the people in my life who won't accept me unless I change for them. I like who I am more than I ever have, and I have all my blogging friends to thank for that.
What advice do you have for new bloggers?
Write about what you want to write about. If you just write about things that you think will make your blog popular, you won't get much out of it. And don't be afraid to comment. When I started, I was always nervous about commenting for the first time on someone's blog because I was afraid they would be like, "Who the heck is this person?", but I've never actually met a blogger who was ever upset about getting a comment from a new commenter.

Where do you see yourself and your blog in 5 years?
I honestly have no idea. I'm sure I'll still be blogging about books and TV shows and Harry Potter and my family. Although by then, I assume my family will include some children of my own.

What has surprised you the most about blogging?
How wonderful the blogging community is. I've never met a group of people who are more accepting and caring. When I started blogging, it was for my family. I never expected to make so many friends through blogging, but I am so happy that I did.

P.S. Want to discover more awesome blogs? Catch up on all the Behind The Blog interviews! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top