Are you going anywhere for the holidays? We're staying home this year, but Chicago-based artist and graphic designer Kevin Lucius is giving me a bit of the travel bug this morning. His City Heart Map series features all of my favorite cities, starting with this obvious statement about the Midwest...
Chicago for its hot dogs, shopping on Michigan Avenue and some surprisingly good memories from my surgery and doctor days.
The special (and last) family vacation we took to New York City with my father, where we strolled through Central Park and where my father and I walked all around Midtown Manhattan browsing all the record stores until midnight.
Los Angeles, where we gawked at the Hollywood Walk of Fame, squeeled when we saw all the suits from Frasier and felt like celebrities when we sat poolside at my aunt and uncle's timeshare.
Nashville for its wonderful music and Southern hospitality.
And Madison for being in the state with the best cheese in the entire world.

What cities do you heart, friends? What are your favorite cities and why do you love them? xoxo

P.S. More map love, including illustrated city maps, map prints, atlas plates and travel posters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top