Have a question? I'd love to hear it, so feel free to email me (mellow1422 [at] aol), friends! Today's question comes to us from Tiffany, who asks...

Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
I've always loved the movie Back To The Future. It got me thinking about both the past and the future. And then after thinking about how far I've come yesterday, this is the perfect time to think about the future, isn't it? Truthfully, I've always been a bit scared of the future. You all know by now that change and I aren't exactly the best of friends. Honestly, I sort of fear change, probably because I only think of it in terms of bad change. I've been so conditioned to brace myself for all the bad things that change will eventually bring that I've all but closed myself off to the possibility of good change. So it's been a struggle sometimes to see the silver lining in change, to see that good things -- even wonderful things -- can come from change. It's crazy to think that in 20 years, I'll be 50; maybe that will be the new 30? It will be the year 2032, which just sounds completely crazy to me. I see myself still writing, of course. I'd love to live in the Big Apple, maybe writing for a magazine (will magazines still exist?) or working on a book.
That's the practical side of me. The impractical dreamer in me? She wants to have her own talk show. How fun would that be? I can see myself musing about anything and everything!

What about you, friends? Where do you see yourself in 2032? Have you even thought about it? Do you worry about the future? Do you look forward to it? xoxo

P.S. Here are 52 reasons why Back To The Future rocks!

[Bottom photo via We Heart It]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top