This afternoon, I am so excited to officially unveil my new blog design. For the last month, I've been working with Heather of Viva La Violette. She's been helping me transform my vision for So About What I Said, and I'm in love with the way everything turned out. I was going for a fresh, crisp, clean and modern look...what do you think, friends? Some important things to bring to your attention...

*You can now follow So About What I Said on Facebook.
*You can now see my pretty finds on Pinterest.
*You can always follow me on Twitter.


With the new blog design, I thought it would be the perfect time to look back over the past year...
I surpassed 100 Letters To My Future Husband, and discussed everything from my high-strung nature to that one moment when I realize I am head-over-heels in love with Mr. Melissa Blake.
We chatted and mused over Love Lounge topics, like believing in fate, what we love about being single and the upside of unrequited love.
We schooled those silly boys with each MEMO TO MEN, covering topics like the dangers of a cheating heart, assertive women, the curse of nice guys and a little thing known as R-E-S-P-E-C-T.
Childhood favorites, like board games, stuffed animals, sibling nicknames and television shows.
I used Daily Affirmations -- like my love of the Beatles -- to combat my depression.
We oohed and ahhed over Dream Homes, like Nantucket cottages, glass tree globes, framed butterflies, secret passages and a house with an indoor pool!
Dream Vacations, like San Francisco, the Tunnel of Lights, reading hotels, clifftop towns and airport bars.
We got our shopping on with amazing Etsy finds, like miniature cars, state prints and dogs wearing bowties.
Fashion, like flowers in your hair, glasses, tattoos and sparkly holiday shoes.
Awesome design, like lake logos, wedding invitations, typography, geography magnets, Missed Connections and holiday cards.
We enjoyed food virtually, like pumpkin pie bars, Girl Scout cookies and s'mores in a jar.
We fell in love with all things wedding, like this Swedish wedding, this zipline bride, retro bridal portraits and engagement rings.
I celebrated my 30th birthday in August with a wonderful surprise party (Thanks, Mom...)! And of course, I wrote about my life with a physical disability.

We also enjoyed the seasons with Fall Fashion Trends and the Holiday Gift Guide 2011.

And toward the end of the year, I launched several new series, including Behind The Blog, Fashion Friday, Would You Rather and Peek Inside.

Whew! Looking back, it's been a busy year, hasn't it, friends? I'm so excited about what's ahead in 2012, aren't you? And I'm especially excited to share it with you...my wonderful, amazing, fantastic, strong readers! I've loved getting to know you! xoxo

P.S. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the new blog design, too! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top