I love the idea behind Tara's shop, Meant For A Moment: Each item is designed for a single moment in time. Read on for the inside scoop on her inspirations and how she found the courage to follow her dreams...

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: Meant For A Moment
Become a fan on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
So tell me a bit about you and your shop.
My Meant For A Moment shop is filled with illustrated prints, stationery and custom illustration options that really are meant for a moment. None of my designs are created specifically for any occasion. Each one is created as a sentiment you would see or read and think, "Oh, that is so Susan right now," hence the name, Meant for a Moment. It is most important to me to be unique. All of my designs are hand-drawn or painted by me. My Etsy shop features all of my uniquely illustrated designs, recognized for their whimsical nature and loving sentiments. In my shop, you can purchase custom illustrations, M4aM stationery and illustrated prints.

What inspired you to start the shop?
I was working a really tedious 9-5 job as a graphic designer, and I was yearning for more creativity in my life. Sitting inside the walls of my cubicle was cramping my style, and I didn't feel like I had that glow any more. Illustrating always gave me a glow of confidence, and I had lost it in the mix of my 9-5 job. So I made a deal with myself, 'to be remarkable.' And that's how it all began. On my lunch breaks, I would sketch greeting card designs and write clever, quirky little sentiments all over anything I could find. My mind became consumed with the creations of this card line, "Meant For A Moment." Everything I saw turned into a future card. Friends would catch me saying, "Oh, that would be a great greeting card!" all the time. It was really a fun time. As word spread about my illustrative pursuit, I began to receive inquires about custom illustrations. Soon, I had enough inertia, energy and courage to follow my dream. I left my 9-5 job and created my company, "Meant for a Moment Designs." I opened my Etsy store a few months after I had all my ducks in a row, and it has been a glowing adventure ever since.

In this recession economy, what are some ways people can still look chic for less?
I have been hooked on Pinterest, and I have found some amazing hair tutorials that are out of this world. With a combo of great nails and hair, you can have your sloppiest fashion mishap ever, but people will notice your pretty hands and styled hair and know that under it all you really have it 'going on'!

What is your favorite item in your shop and why?Most of my greetings and prints are inspired by someone in my life. my dad says it's like reading my diary; I laugh because he is kind of right. I really love the Hold Your Hand print that reads "It's not going to be easy she said, but if you promise to never let go of my hand I think I could hold onto yours forever" I was falling madly in love when I created this print, and it is actually a drawing of my fiance, Dave, and I -- we're in the midst of planning our wedding for July. It was a super amazing time for me to feel so in love with someone so fast. I actually gave him the print for our first Christmas together, and it is hanging in our bedroom now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top