Today, friends, we meet Jennifer. Her shop Blue Room Gems is her attempt to add a girly touch to her otherwise boy-dominated world. I hope you enjoy the interview, friends, and read on for the story behind the shop's name...xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: Blue Room Gems
Become a fan on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
So tell me a bit about you and your shop.
Blue Room Gems is my humble attempt to create something delicate and pretty in an environment completely dominated by boys. I am married to a military man and have 3 young sons, so to say my life can get hectic is an understatement! It is my therapy, my creative outlet, and my way of sharing a piece of myself with the world.

In my studio, I surround myself with beautiful gemstones, gold, and silver to create elegant, sophisticated jewelry. I love the versatility of simple designs that can be worn every day or for a special occasion. It is my hope that each piece will be worn for years to come.

What inspired you to start the shop?
It all began at a small table in my blue dining room. I spent hours wire wrapping beautiful gemstones into jewelry to share with friends and family. What began as a hobby quickly bloomed into full-fledged passion. All of this creative energy actually came as a surprise to me; I have always been more of a jock than an artist. I spent my childhood playing sports and went on to study, then practice, physical therapy. But once the artist flame was lit, there was no extinguishing it. Pretty quickly, I realized I couldn't possibly wear everything I was creating, so I decided to open my Etsy shop.

What's your best piece of advice for people looking for great online shopping deals?
Since I don't have much time to scope out all the great deals online, I sign up for the e-mails from my favorite shops. That way, all the deals arrive right in my inbox every day!

In this recession economy, what are some ways people can still look chic for less?
Oh, accessories, of course! Keep the clothing basic and timeless so it lasts for several years, and use accessories to freshen your look. Currently, I am on a scarf kick. It is amazing how a simple accessory can transform jeans and a T-shirt!
What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
This is a tough one! But I think my current favorite are the citrine earrings. I love the simplicity of the design and that they can be worn as an everyday earring or for a special occasion. And the fact they are very sparkly doesn't hurt either!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top