Have a question? I'd love to hear it, so feel free to email me (mellow1422 [at] aol) or as me on Facebook or Twitter, friends! Today's question comes to us from Tiffany, who asks...

If you won the lotto, what would you buy?
Ooooh, the allure of the lottery. The simple idea that you could be the big winner? It can be so intoxicating, isn't it? The recent jackpot, which topped off at more than $600 million, had everyone green with envy. And I'll admit that my eyes were spinning like quarters and dimes and nickels at the possibilities. It would almost be like having the world at your fingertips. Here are the top 3 ways I'd divide my winnings...
TRAVEL: I used to love traveling, but haven't taken to the open road much since my father died. I'd love to take a classic road trip across the country. You know, the kind in an a huge RV that we drive through the mountains, through the woods in and try not to roll off the bed as the highway rumbles below us. And a couple of my must-see spots throughout the world: These glittering caves in the Ukraine...
...and this half-graffiti hotel room in France.
MOVE TO NEW YORK:Some people had visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads when they were little. I've always had visions of The Big Apple. It was love at first sight when I visited the bustling city for the first time in 2002. I picture myself in some sweeping penthouse toiling as a writer. Oh, and of course, I'd have to pay Buddy a visit.
CHARITY: Suicide prevention, depression and my disability are all causes that are near and dear to my heart. I would love to be involved with some organizations, like the American Foundation For Suicide Prevention or the National Alliance on Mental Illness.

My one rule: Use it wisely. There's that phrase, "The only thing worse than not getting what you want is…getting it." Money can change people, and this change isn't always for the better. I just never want to forget where I come from and just cast aside everything that matters the most to me. Like loved ones...and root beer.

So, what do you think of my list, friends? What would you do if you won the lottery? What would be the first thing you'd do? Would you save the money or spend it right away? xoxo

[Top photo via Someecards and photo of New York City via Sunsurfer]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top